Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Savannah Inspiration


A few years ago, I took a trip to Savannah, Georgia.  Spending a long weekend in the historical district was so inspiring, I took 3 rolls of film (a few years ago...before digital cameras!).  My husband and I explored the magical city that was as beautiful as a movie set, with its manicured squares and charming architecture.  There was inspiration everywhere!  Anyone who's read John Berendt's "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil," will recognize this bird girl statue from the cover.  


These are a couple of the photos I took in Savannah.  The photo on the left shows a fountain in Forsyth Park.  The photo on the right shows one of the many lovely gardens that can be found in nearly every backyard.



When I found this fabric, something about the print and the tranquility of the soft colors transported me right back to Savannah.  I could feel the gentle heat, see the richly historical beauty, and sense the mystery that seems to surround Savannah.  I was drawn to the fabric and ran right home to make a corkboard with it.

The Sartorialist, who is well-known to bloggers and Vogue readers for his street style photography, has taken many pictures in high-profile locations for fashion, from New York to Paris to Milan and beyond.  But even he was inspired by the artistic community in Savannah and posted pictures of the fashion he saw there.  

Click on any of the corkboard photos to be directed to my shop.  I hope it inspires you as it did me.  It can stand alone
as framed art, or use it to display anything that inspires you, whether it be photography, notes and cards, art, or even jewelry.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. It's cool to meet another creative. I'm off to explore your blogs and creations.

    Bella Vida by Letty

    Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking a look! Have a great night as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that fabric, and then putting in in a frame, LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete